Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Sunday, June 20, 2004

The ancient art of hacking in Ireland

I have been responsible for numerous hacks over the years in my work. It goes with the territory.

Recently, I discovered that we modern day Irish may be genetically pre-disposed to the quick, inelegant but highly performative solutions known as "hacks".

Last weekend, I encountered a wonderful quick hack that an anscestor of mine executed (click to enlarge):



The Dolmen is from a Megalithic cemetary a few miles from my house in
Sligo in a place called Carrowmore.

Note the wee stone that has been slipped under the big stone in order to make the big stone sit horzontal to the ground :-) A hack executed some six thousand years ago:-)

No comments: