Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Monday, January 30, 2006

Blogs and Sky News

For a while now, when listening to Sky I have heard the blog word mentioned from time to time.

Today I went to the Sky News home page to find blogging well and truly integrated into the overall techo-news thing alongside e-mail and SMS alerts and so on.

When I first started blogging Anchor Men at mainstream news channels never occurred to me as early adopters...Perhaps its just that I'm behind the times. Sky are not early adopters. Just adopter-adopters, like everyone else.

Blogging is mainstream now. It has flipped the present/absent bit - i.e. it is no longer news that such-and-such has a weblog. It is now news when such-and-such does *not* have a weblog.

No comments: