Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Saturday, July 02, 2005

The term SOA is DOA :-(


    "I think SOA has turned into a semantics-free concept that can join 'components' and 'architecture'. It's beyond saving - so the concrete ideas that do have some substance need to get an independent life." -- Martin Fowler.


The industry only has itself to blame. Trying to convince customers that all the temporally coupled, three tiered architectures they had where, in reality, special cases of a beautiful new over-arching theory called SOA, has backfired.

Now the market thinks the tech. companies are pulling a stunt and they are largely right unfortunately.

I'm with Martin on this. Time to salvage the really useful bits out of the mess. Here are my suggestions:

No comments: