Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Business Reporting and Application Consolidation

    "Executive: I want a consolidated report covering A and B.

    IT: But A and B are generated by two different computer systems.

    Executive: Then go build one computer system that combines all the features of systems A and B so that I can get my consolidated report.

    IT: But...

    Executive: Just do it.

    IT: Ok.

    Behind this little exchange lies an assumption on the part of the executive that, in most cases, is not correct..."

...namely, that in order for information to appear on paper in a cohesive, consolidated form, the data sources must be consolidated at application level. That is the subject of
The same data in the same place
which is this week's ITWorld article.

No comments: