Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Back in the blogging chair

Well, it has been a while since I blogged here. Have been using Facebook a lot for personal stuff and pondering the fact that I use RSS feedreaders less and less these days.

The time has come for me to get back into blogging - especially for technical stuff. Anybody who wants to follow what I am doing with my Banjo collection would be better served friending me on Facebook (
http://www.facebook.com/seanmcgrath42) :-)


Not only am I back on this blog, I am also back in another sense. I moved back to Ireland a few months ago and now call Galway, Ireland "home".

Galway is a great town for both of my main interests : tech and music. The tech scene there is getting bigger and bigger. Plenty of big names but also a very vibrant start-up scene that I am getting hooked in to.

In Propylon, the core product group is expanding and we are doing more and more work in the general Legal&Regulatory space with TimeArc, alongside the Legislative Software (LWB). Its great to be able to take the tech we developed in Legislatures and apply it in the private sector.

Related to that. We have recently become an Industry Partner in the Governance, Risk and Compliance Technology Center (http://www.grctc.com). Looking forward to contributing to the that initiative in the years ahead. Much important stuff to be done there and lots (and lots!) of thorny problems yet to be solved.

1 comment:

Stefan Tilkov said...

Given that I still frequently quote from posts you wrote a few years ago, I’m happy to see you’re back.