Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Monday, October 25, 2004

Pet geek peeve #1

I *hate* it when a book/FAQ/tutorial says:
    "open the file foo.baz with your favorite text editor."
or
    "decompress the sample files with your favorite compression tool."


Favorite? What has favorite got to do with it? It is my business if I choose to use the programs I most hate on the planet to edit the files or de-compress the archive.

Ooops! I feel a literal-interpretation spasm coming on.


    Cannot... find... favorite... text editor... cannot... complete... tutorial...panic! panic! \n@@+[*Houston. We have a problem.@+_\n

    Attribute nodes and children first into the life rafts. Abort, abort! Wrrrrr. Click. Wrrrrr. Click.






No comments: