Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Something to read over coffee

Gregor infuses a nice analogical brew for asynchronous messaging - Starbucks.

The real world is full of great examples of asynchronous messaging, pipelining, and transformations. Three key ingredients in Service Oriented Architectures in my book.

Now that I come to think of it, before lunch I tend to use revolving Sushi bars and restaurent order processing as examples of real world SOA ideas.

In the afternoons, when talk turns to the business side of SOAs, I tend to use Joseph Bazalgette's incredible implementation of a sewerage system in london in the second half of the Nineteeth century.

Hmmmm. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

No comments: