Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Emergent travel guides

I'll be doing some travelling in places with non-trivial positive GMT deltas in the coming weeks so I've been googling for tips.

I found world66 very useful. Indeed, most of the really interesting stuff I found was on sites with a "created by real people, for real people, in a slightly chaotic, decentralised, peer-reviewed, sod-the-concept-of-an-all-powerful-editor" type way.

The whole WIKI with soft security thing is, really, really significant I think.

Significant, *not* in technology terms mind you. The true power of the Web is that it makes the technology bit utterly uninteresting.

The really interesting stuff is all social. Fascinating.

No comments: