Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Critical machine selection criteria - Emacs Pinky Position

So, from the comments on my recent posting enquiring about a good laptop for Ubuntu Linux, an IBM T42 looks like a contender.

A critical question remains - is the Ctrl key in the bottom left hand corner of the keyboard?

Why is this critical? Because pinky position is critical to Emacs without which, I am essentially useless at a keyboard.

I cannot make out where the Ctrl key is on the T42 from the images I found on the Web. Can some kind soul illuminate me?

Aside: I have more than once exacerbated sales guys in shops by not caring to ask questions about their beautiful laptops other than to press "Ctrl-x-s" to see how it feels :-)

No comments: