Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Monday, May 09, 2005

There are two types of dichotomies...

those that split the universe of discourse into two sub-classes, and those that do not.

Or, paraphrasing some loo-wall grafitti I remember from my days in Trinity College Dublin - I'd rather a dichotomy in front of me, that a frontal lobotomy.

These are by way of an almost content free introduction to this week's ITWorld article:
Books/chapters and directories/files - dichotomies considered harmful.

If this wasn't a blog entry I'd probably revise it and just cite the article, taking out that prelude that didn't quite work. But hey, this *is* a blog and so I get to publish things on a whim and then wish I hadn't immediately afterwards so...here...goes...[tab][tab][tab][tab][enter]

No comments: