Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Bronze from anear, by gold from afar?

Fascinating overview of what looks like a defining moment in semantics on the Web.

Whatever 'semantics' means :-/

Defining semantics is like defining obscenity - you know it when you see it.

Semantics is something I recognise by perception. But I cannot define it and I certainly cannot fit all the bits of it into blocks that sit neatly on top of each other.

Its verrry interesting watching all the valiant efforts by others to do so.

While I applaude the effort, this is one I'm watching from afar. Its too mind-exploding from anear. After reading Wittgenstein, its a bit difficult to get motivated to get any closer to it.

I'll cheer from the rooftops if anything great comes out of this gargantuan effort around the Semantic Web but gee, I'm just not at all convinced that this stuff is going anywhere fast.

No comments: