Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Open Office - The Movie(s) + a Rainbow

Open Office Training Videos. Free. The book/DVD they are abstracted from looks interesting too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, go take a look at OpenOffice if you are in any way interested in looking at cheaper/better/cross-platform/truly open vehicles for creating/publishing/managing documents.

The ODF format is growing wings which is just great. Peripherally to the main implications this has, it ushers in what us SGML geeks were looking for back in 1987 (yes, 1987). Namely, a "rainbow DTD" to target during both up and down-translations of structured content.

Sonny boy! Hand me that Zimmerframe.

No comments: