Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ubuntu Dapper on the Sun Niagara

Mark Shuttleworth announces the (very dapper) Dapper release of Ubuntu will support the UltraSPARC T1 (aka Niagara) architecture.

If I have the Niagara box long enough, I will certainly give that a try.

Work overflows have limited our investigations of the Niagara box for the last two weeks but we hope to get back to it before the end of this week.

First up will be porting (I hope that will prove too strong a word) Propylon's Jython-based XML processing pipleline engine and component library known as Griddle to the box.

From there, I have hundreds of thousands (literally) of ODF documents I need to process with as low a make-time as I can manage.

No comments: