Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Friday, February 01, 2008

Is this the right room for an argument?

My favorite 30 seconds of Monty Python's Flying Circus occurs in The Argument Sketch:

    M: Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?
    A: I told you once.
    M: No you haven't.
    A: Yes I have.
    M: When?
    A: Just now.
    M: No you didn't.
    A: Yes I did.
    M: You didn't
    A: I did!
    M: You didn't!
    [etc...]


Now I'm not predicting an argument but I am predicting some lively debate at The Mashup, Microformats and Mobile Web Panel.
Topics for discussion include:
  • Is the phrase "reliable mashup application" an oxymoron?
  • Will we ever see one syndication format emerge to dominate or is babelisation inevitable? Desirable?
  • Do microformats need governance in order to work?
  • Is the mobile web a technological superset subset or mutation of the "original" web?
  • Can MMS be equated with WAP. Would that be a category error?
  • Has blogging run its course as a phenomenon?
  • Are microformats running out of steam or gathering steam?
  • How many forms of digital identity will I need to use the Web in 2010?

No comments: