Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Postscript programming?

I see the Postscript is the twentieth most popular programming language :-)

Methinks that this list needs to take account of whether or not a programming language is used directly or generated from another program.

Yes, I was that nutcase who strapped a 300 baud dumb terminal to an Apple Laserwriter with a view to drawing wireframe teapots by programming the beast in Postscript directly.

I eventually got my teapots by writing programs (in Pascal as it happens - 17th on the list) that wrote out the Postscript program to a text file.

On the output side of programs that write programs is the natural home of Postscript.

No comments: